Chamomile tea comes with a history of health benefits. Chamomile tea is made from chamomile flowers. The plant has many varieties in nature, namely Roman Chamomile, German Chamomile, Moroccan chamomile, Yellow chamomile, Wild chamomile, Egyptian chamomile. The most popular, floral and delicious tea is brewed from Egyptian Chamomile.
Egyptian Chamomile or German Chamomile?
While you off deciding which one of these to buy, the market has most common infusion available that is made from Egyptian Chamomile flowers. In fact, German chamomile may not even be suitable to make tea from. Hence the question of Egyptian chamomile vs German chamomile gets dissolved right there. You shouldn’t have to worry about which one to pick. However, a better discussion lies in what is it about Egyptian chamomile that sets it apart from German chamomile or any other chamomile – sets it apart to become a world wide popularity as a relaxing, sleep inducing hug-in-a-cup kind of a drink.
Egyptian Chamomile Origin
Egyptian chamomile was first originated in Nile River Valley of Egypt. This variety is considered the highest grade in brewing chamomile tea for consumption purpose. Tea made out of Egyptian chamomile is smooth, light and floral. Also known as the “Queen of Relaxing Herbs”, Egyptian chamomile traces it’s popularity to even the ancient Egypt. It is said that the Egyptians offered these flowers to their Gods to cure “the illness”. This may be how deep the benefits of chamomile ran into history.
Egyptian Chamomile Benefits
1. Sleep aid: Egyptian chamomile is known to act as a mild, natural sedative. It is reported to reduce symptoms of anxiety and mild insomnia. It might improves your sleep, helps you get a deep restful sleep that relaxes your muscles and mind – we all know that feeling!
Being completely caffeine free in itself, if you are looking to buy a chamomile infusion to help you sleep, buy Egyptian Chamomile tea that does not have any other ingredients blended into it – like green tea. TE-A-ME Chamomile infusion is made just from the finest of Egyptian Chamomile flowers.
2. Anti inflammatory: Egyptian chamomile and can help soothe pain and make you more at ease.
3. Helps during common cold: Chamomile may help reduce or relieve symptoms of cold when under the weather.
4. Supports digestion: A cup of chamomile tea after a heavy meal may support your digestive system in digestion process and soothe stomach.
5. Good for Throat: Sore throat? Add a teaspoon of honey into your warm chamomile and might feel better!