Ellie, you don’t need to learn making tea!
Who said you that Ravi?
Isn’t it simple making green tea! Like, have some hot water, steep the tea and stain before your pour in your cup.
Well that depends.
Indeed. Everyone knows how to make tea even if he or she has never tried in own hand. So, what is so especial about preparing perfect green tea at home?
Let’s have a look at what’s the standard preparation of green tea.
- Heat up water
- Place your green tea leaves in tea pot
- Pour hot water
- Steep for a while
- Stir a spoon inside tea pot to make tea infusion even
- Pour tea in the cup
Why green tea making is a little delicate?
Green tea is less processed; hence contains good amount astringency components and flavouring components. They dissolve in water at different temperatures. Astringency components, like, catechins, are particularly good for health. For good dissolve of astringency components, we need around 80-90 degree Celsius temperature; however, at such temperature flavours tend to fade out making the tea bland. Water quality also impact flavour. So, maintaining temperature and water quality is key to making perfect green tea.
So, the last words…
- In case you are having high quality flavour green tea or naturally flavoured green tea then you need to keep the water temperature around 70 degree Celsius.
- For better astringency, keep the water at around 90 degree Celsius.
- Use low mineral water; for tap water make sure to remove chlorine odour before using.
- For low temperature steeping keep the green tea for around 120 – 150 seconds. For high temperature steeping correct duration would be around 60 seconds.
Te-a-me Teas is well known name in the world of quality tea. You can choose your favourite green tea flavour in loose as well as in tea bags. Next time, remember the points we just discussed for preparing your perfect cup of green tea.